We believe a comprehensive early childhood education should be based on solid child development principles:
- Up to date teaching styles that include age appropriate toys and activities that are specific to each child's needs.
- Teaching techniques that address social,
emotional, physical, cognitive, and spiritual development.
- Offering the opportunity for each child to learn to
work and play with others.
- Helping children develop large and small muscle dexterity as well as making sure they receive stimulation for creative mental development.
- Teaching children emotional coping
techniques as well as helping them develop an understanding of a loving God
and solid Christian values.
We believe play to be an important medium for a child’s learning. The
school provides a group setting in which the child can feel secure and
can separate easily from parents.
The teacher/student ratio is kept
low so that teachers have the opportunity to observe child-to-child
interactions and clarify or correct misconceptions.
Teachers will make
available materials to encourage inquiry and discovery. The teacher will provide a balance of child-selected and teacher-guided
Our preschool provides the opportunity for one-on-one experiences
between teacher and child and fosters the development of strong peer
We believe that each child develops at his/her own
and should be treated as an individual.
We accept and love children of all races and ethnic backgrounds
and believe diversity should be cherished and encouraged.